Reduce your plastic in 2017!
We understand that it is hard to see what impact one family can have, in particular when governments appear to be taking little visible action (or fail to even acknowledge the problem – Yes Trump, I’m talking about you). However, if more of us did something, even if we just make a small change, it can have a big impact.
So support us by making environmental protection part of your New Year’s resolutions. Here are some ideas to help you think about what small changes you could make, which can make a big impact:
- Switch to glass – Get milk from your local milkman in glass bottles
- Buy soda in cans instead of plastic bottles
- Try to choose only wine bottled in glass with natural cork stoppers
- Give up chewing gum – yes, it is made from plastic – yuck!
- Shop at your local farmers market
- Use powdered clothes washer detergent in a cardboard box (as opposed to the plastic caputuals or liquid sold in the bottles)
- Use reusable Tupperware instead of cling film to wrap your sandwiches or store leftover food in the fridge
- Use handkerchiefs instead of paper tissue – I’ve never seen a Kleenex box without any plastic window
- Stop using plastic razors
- Use washable nappies
There are many other things you can do, so please let me know what you decide. When I know what you are all planning, each month I will blog to tell you what our collective efforts have achieved – by how much we have reduced plastic waste.
Please also do tell your colleagues and friends about this and encourage them to take part. Together we can create a social movement!